Sunday 6 November 2011

Unit 2: Space- AJttCotE: Thumbnails 4


Skethed Thumbnails

This time, focusing on Extracts 2 and 3 I've thought about the different viewpoints and how this should look. Firstly, I've sketched out some thumbnails for Extract 2, with the idea of coming out of the cave and looking at the land of mushrooms at a distance and at the other side. To make things better, I've added in some colour using Photoshop.



With Photoshop added





















Sketched thumbnails
Focusing on Extract 3, this I found difficult in coming up with ideas. Judging by how the book describes this extract, it looks back at Extract 2 as the travellers end up back to where they last left. Only this time with their raft on the shore, they see skeletons and skulls of deceased creatures from different time eras washed up on the shore or on the ground. Again, I've added some colour on Photoshop to make things look better.

With Photoshop added


3 comments:

  1. Hey Joe,

    I have to say I love the extracts at the top very nice they just need some colour variance... Maybe a gradient map - I can show you how to do that if you want will allow you to multi colour the sky rather easily. - Only if you want to.

    Regarding the lower extract... yeah its a bit empty... You need more depth for the emptyness (ie. sea has many shades as does the sky). The scene wont appear so empty if you add a variety of colour to this scene trust me :)

    Other then that your definatly coming along here, I'm liking what I'm seeing :)

    Good stuffffff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stitch,

    yeah, I dont know what I did on Photoshop but the colours gone a bit off- coloured but if you don't mind can you show me how to work the gradient map? Hmm yeah I see what you mean on the lower ones, but they're just done quickly but will try and get them all coloured properly if I have some free time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can show you the gradient trick in Phils lesson tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete