Monday 7 November 2011

Unit 2: Space- AJttCotE: Thumbnails 5


















To help me design the final piece for the land of mushrooms, I thought that it would be best to research different kinds of mushrooms as the extract on mentions them as "round tops". There are some mushrooms which I've drawn them using the influences of a chocolate coconut mushroom ( no. 16), a jelly fish (No's. 17 and 25), brains (18) and a smurf-style mushroom (no 6). Though at the moment, I like mushrooms 1, 2,3, 4, 14, 15, 24, 27 and 21 as they mostly pretty much fit into the "round top" description though the colours maybe changed.







Focusing on the land of mushrooms, I've mostly focused on the perspective. thumbnail 1 is looking from a slightly worm's eye view and thumbnail 2 is the opposite, whereas 3 and 4 are from the side and looking straight on. I felt that drawing thumbnail 1 and 4 is like in the style of Alice in wonderland, as for 2 became annoying to draw as I hadn't thought clearly of how the image should look but just focused on the perspective. It doesn't clearly show the mushrooms but instead looks like jelly beans due to the colour. Thumbnail 3 is like before the entrance to the mushroom forest with the sky in "fantasy" like atmosphere.

1 comment:

  1. These are very colourful I have to say, possibly my favourite is the one at the lower angle... Makes the mushrooms seem huge, kinda like this effect. Still I cant help but feel its a little too much looks like something I'd have seen in willy wonka and the chocolate factory haha. Maybe if the mushrooms took more colours of the surrounding environment it would look less... Just an idea :)

    Still nice to see you thinking about this

    ReplyDelete